Are there Other Options for Prescription Drugs?
Pro-athlete coach Jill Lane talks about alternative options to prescription drugs. Are there other options? What parents need to know about prescription drug induced nutrient depletions and over the counter medications in teens and student athletes.
- Jill you’ve worked with athletes and families for 15 years, you say you are shocked at the amount of both over the counter and prescribed medications being taken by teens, and school age children on a daily basis. Tell us which medications you see most often?
- Let’s quickly go through each of these and talk about what a parent can either do instead in the case of over the counter medications, or in conjunction with, to optimize the health of our children.
Think Like an Olympian
Did you know that only 3 people have played in the NFL and competed in the Winter Olympics? Johnny Quinn is one of them! Johnny Quinn talks about his careers in the NFL and bobsled and how thinking like an olympian set him up for success.
- How did you get involved in bobsled?
- What was it like to compete in the 2014 Olympics?
- Tell us about your experience getting locked in the bathroom and the outcome of it…
- Tell us about your experience in the NFL?
- Tell us about your new book PUSH: Breaking Through the Barriers
7 Reasons to Lift Weights
Daniel Tague talks about 7 reasons to lift weights.
- What are some of the reasons for lifting?
a. Protect your bones (increase bone density)
b. Improve heart heath (cardio)
c. Can make you happier
d. Can improve your sleep
e. Improve body comp (looks)
f. Can increase your life and quality of life
g. Helps build relationships with like minded/ healthy people
- How do people get started?
a. Make a goal and just start lifting something
b. Find a gym that is convenient for you
c. Go slow
d. Get help from someone you know or a trainer
- How can people make it a habit?
a. Need to fined a consistent schedule for you and stick with it for at least 30 to start to build a habit
b. Perfect practice makes perfect