The Connections Between Diet, Insulin Resistance, Obesity & Cancer!
Dr. Lewis Cantley of Cantley Lab talks about his discovery of the signaling pathway phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) and the results.
- Can you tell us about your discovery of the signaling pathyway (Phos-foh-nos-ih-tide 3 kin-ass) phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) and the results?
- You write in Tim Ferris’ book Tribe of Mentors “Sugar is toxic. We may be approaching a time when sugar is responsible for more early deaths in America than cigarette smoking.” What role does sugar play in the body and what are the life-long lasting effects?
- How does sugar affect cancer growth?
- How did we develop and evolve this addiction to sugar?
- What are you currently working on in your lab?