Lala’s Mexican Cafe
Michelle Mireles, owner of Lala’s Mexican Cafe talks about her restaurant and 100% non-GMO menu.
Animal Cruelty Prevention
Maura Davies, VP of Communications at the SPCA at North Texas talks about animal cruelty prevention.
- How can people alert authorities to suspected animal abuse?
- What does animal cruelty look like?
- How else can people help prevent animal cruelty?
Anatomy of an Epidemic
Robert Whitaker talks about his book Anatomy of an Epidemic.
- You write about the explosion in the use of psychiatric drugs in the U.S. over the last 30 years. Sixty million Americans take a psychiatric drug (20%). Is this a problem? What are the public health consequences for us as a society?
- In Anatomy of an Epidemic, you investigate the long-term effects of psychiatric drugs. What did you find?
- What about the medicating of children?
- How is that turning out for us as a society?
- What do you think needs to be done differently. If the current system isn’t working, then what should we do?
Paleo f(x) 2018
Shawn Wells recaps the Paleo f(x) 2018 event!
- Paleo F(x) used is no longer paleo…it’s become something bigger. Paleo was a cutting-edge idea that was embraced early on with the CrossFit community. Eating whole food has become mainstream now, but the people that embraced paleo are looking for other hacks to a better life…like ketogenic dieting, intermittent fasting, sauna/infra-red therapy, sunbathing, blue light in the morning, blue light blocking in the evening, meditation, stretching, obstacle course racing/play meets exercise, hyperbaric chambers, etc. So, Paleo F(x) is now more of a biohacking community than it is a nutrition “thing”. Its living longer and better. Anti-aging, but living your best. Human Optimization as Onnit says.
- Did you see any trends with those attending?