Suzanne Ryan talks about her book Simply Keto!
- Can you tell us about your personal struggle with weight and how you discovered the ketogenic lifestyle for yourself?
- How did you document your weight loss journey?
- You lost over 120lbs… that’s amazing. Can you tell us about the mindset change you experienced from shedding weight?
- Why did you write Simply Keto?
- What were the easy lifestyle changes you were able to adopt through the ketogenic diet?
- What was the most difficult part of your weight loss journey?
Training for Endurance Part 2
Daniel Tague continues his segment on how to train for endurance!
- How do you train for endurance?
a. Need to first define what type of endurance you want?
i. Is it for running
ii. Doing adventure races
iii. More muscle endurance in the gym
b. Once you define that then we can move forward
- Now say we are training for muscular endurance in the gym
a. One of the best way to start training for muscular endurance is to lift heavy
i. Must be in good shape before doing this
ii. Lifting heavy/ for maximal strength will help muscular endurance
iii. To lift heavy need heavy weight for less reps and more rest
b. Once you have a good base then can do the traditional higher reps less weight
c. With this you will need to have less rest in-between lifts
d. Can also do S.S. (super sets) and drop sets in increase time under tension
e. Also can do intra set stretching to get the maximal time under tension
- 3. Can you do body weight lifts the help muscular endurance
a. Yes, but need to look at what body weight exercises you are doing
b. Pull ups you will not be able to stay with very many reps unless you are very good at pull ups
c. Body weight squats, pushups, TRX bands with rows etc. Will all be good body weight exercise to gain endurance