You Own a Pig?!
Allison Mears talks about what life is REALLY like when you add a mini pig to your family!
Home is where the heart-nosed snout is
- They are compassionate and affectionate animals that love to cuddle, lay with,
and spend quality time with their herd.
- Pigs are very discriminatory. If a pig bonds with you it is for a reason. They have
chosen you as a herd member.
3 year olds with snouts.
- Like a 3 year old child, mini pigs require a great amount of your time and
attention. Especially as babies and juveniles.
- Pigs are smart and need a lot of enrichment or they can become destructive or
aggressive due to boredom.
- Much like children, they also need structure. Pigs need a leader of the heard to
- Say goodbye to a perfect lawn! Pigs are foragers by nature and they use their snout to do so.
Nothing is ever truly hidden. Nothing.
- A pig’s snout is an amazing tool. Pigs KNOW where you keep food. Not only can
they smell it, but they watch you open the cabinet door and watch you reach your
hand in there and pull out something yummy. As soon as the opportunity presents
itself, your pig will mock your actions and go to that cabinet, possibly the others too,
and try to mimic everything they saw you do.
- Pigs are diggers and shovers. You are investing in heavy duty dog gates and
conducting weekly fence checks to make sure that your little ninja isn’t exploiting
weaknesses in your fence line.
Where can I find out more?
Childhood Adversity Links to Cancer & Disease
As the medical community continues to progress we’re improving our ability to pick up trends which may lead to the chronic development of certain diseases. Recently, one trend that has surfaced is between Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and the development of chronic diseases. Shawn Wells answers these questions on the topic:
- What are Adverse Childhood Experiences?
- How do they affect the body and what are the long-term consequences?
- How do we move forward from here?
What are Prebiotics?!
We’ve talked about probiotics, but what about probiotics? What are prebiotics and do we need them? Autumn Warren, creator of Ether Elixir talks All Things Autumn