Hunter’s Education Guide
Looking to go hunting this season? With one exception, wild game cannot be purchased. The only way to get it is to receive it as a gift or to hunt it yourself. Actor and writer Fisher Neal, talks about his article “Hunter’s Education Guide” in Paleo Magazine. Here are a few questions we ask:
- How does hunter education work? It is required to be able to purchase a hunting license, is taught for free by state officials and volunteers, consists of home study and a field session, and has reciprocity across state lines. Some states now have an Apprentice License that allows beginners to hunt with a mentor before taking the course.
- Why is now the best time to take the course? Classes are generally not offered during hunting season, taking the class now gives you time to prepare for the season, and high demand results in them often being full closer to the fall.
4 Basic Types of Exercise
What are the 4 basic types of exercise? Daniel Tague talks about these exercises and how we can incorporate them into our workout routines.
- What to you mean by four basic types of exercises?
a. Every exercise we do in the gym can be broken up into four categories
i. Bilateral (two sides) integrated (compound: multiple joints moving)
ii. Bilateral isolated (one joint moving)
iii. Unilateral (one side) integrated (compound)
iv. Unilateral isolated
- What are some exercise examples of these categories?
a. Bilateral compound
ii. Chest press
iii. Leg press
b. Bilateral isolated
i. Bicep curl, triceps extensions. These all fall into the category of bicep workouts. If this is the part of your body that you feel you need more work on, be sure to do some research to find suitable exercises that could help you achieve the best results.
ii. Knee extension (leg extension)
iii. Knee flexions (leg curls)
c. Unilateral compound
ii. Walking, running
iii. 1 legged squats
iv. 1 arm presses
d. Unilateral isolated
i. 1 arm bicep curls
ii. 1 leg curls ect.
- What are some of the benefits of these different categories?