6 Tips to Beat Stress in the Spring and Year-Round:
Stress affects everyone, damaging our health and relationships. Here are Dr. Bradley Nelson’s tips for reducing stress in your life:
- Plan ahead and be flexible about your expectations
- Be aware of what your body needs
- Decide to take care of yourself emotionally
- Communicate with love
- Choose Your Emotions
- Identify and release “trapped emotions”
Dr. Nelson shares simple methods to release emotions that are a root cause of stress, anxiety and depression from his bestselling book, “The Emotion Code.”
New Year, New Mindset
Dr. Richard Enander talks about how to get a fresh start this new year!
With the New Year, people often make resolutions that are ultimately difficult to keep for a variety of reasons. Despite our best intentions and knowledge of what we ought to be doing to live happier, healthier lives, we often find it difficult to stick to our plans for self-care.
- Tapping into our emotional worlds, and recognition that so many of our choices are not logical ones, but are rather emotionally based.
- Consideration of the roles emotions play in our lives and how we can learn from them
- For example, when we act in an unhealthy manner, we may experience feelings of guilt, which may be uncomfortable in the moment, but which can ultimately teach us
- Likewise, if we are angry about a current state of affairs and we want to change effect some kind of change, anger can be a powerfully motivating force
Listening to Your Inner Self
Autumn Warren, creator of Ether Elixir gives us some tips on how to tap into our inner self.
- What is our inner self?
- Part of us that has always been there
- The observer
- Why does it matter?
- Boosts our self-confidence.
- Allows us to think quicker & make more confident decisions.
- Simple technique: Quieting your mind – taking deep breaths, asking a question and paying attention to the first answer that you “hear”
- Test yourself. Examples: carrying too much, traffic with different routes.