The Miracle Green!
Shawn Mihalik, writer and editor for Paleo Magazine talks The Green Miracle: Hemp, CBD, and the Future of Medicine.
The Diabetes Epidemic!
Mona Morstein, author of the book Master Your Diabetes: A Comprehensive, Integrative Approach for Both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, talks about the diabetes epidemic and why our nation is at risk.
Here are a few questions we ask Dr. Morstein:
- Take us through the diabetes epidemic, how big a problem is this?
- What brought you to focus on diabetes treatment/prevention in your practice?
- What role does intestinal health and the microbiome play in managing diabetes?
Autumn Warren, creator of Ether Elixir, gives us her famous Vegan BBQ Beet Burger recipe!
What you need:
- 4 Medium beets
- Favorite BBQ sauce
- Sliced cabbage
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 TB Walnut oil
- 2 TB Cilantro
- Whole grain mustard
- Gluten free buns
- Scrub beets well in warm water
- Quarter beets
- Shred raw beets with food processor
- Heat cast iron skillet on med-high with high heat oil like avocado oil.
- When oil is hot put beets on the skillet 2-3 layers deep.
- Let sear for 3-5 min
- Let sear again for 3 min
- Scrape beets away from center of the skillet creating a little well.
- Pour a generous amount of barbecue sauce into the well and let it bubble.
- Once it begins to reduce (crust at the edges and get a little sticky) then mix it in with the beets and remove from heat.
- Mix all ingredients for the cabbage slaw in a big bowl – salt to taste.
- Toast GF buns.
- Spread mustard on bottom bun.
- Top with beet mixture & then with slaw and top bun.
Goes great with:
- GF Onion rings
- Roasted veggies
- Corn chowder