Today we talk with Jonathan Reckford, CEO of Habitat for Humanity International about their new initiative to help hurricane survivors #HabitatHammersBack. Dr. Michael Lewis is here talking about his new book When Brains Collide: What Every Athlete and Parent Should Know About the Prevention and Treatment of Concussions and Head Injuries and we have top personal trainer Tina Bernet teaching us how to be a “light weight” at the gym.
Helping Hurricane Victims
Johnathon Reckford talks about Habitat For Humanity and #HabitatHammersBack for Houston.
- What the launch of “Habitat Hammers Back!” means for hurricane victims in Texas, Florida and the Carribean?
- Who are the various sponsors of this initiative?
- What Habitat for Humanity has accomplished so far in the recovery effort and their plan for rebuilding?
- Where viewers can go for more information and how they can donate and volunteer locally?
Dr. Michael Lewis talks about how brains collide, with ways to treat it varying from standard supplements to what can only be prescribed by ohio medical marijuana doctors. Here are a few questions we ask Dr. Lewis:
- What is a concussion and what causes it?
- When did you first become aware that the omega-3 essential fatty acids in fish oil could be effective in treating concussions and more serious brain injuries?
- How much fish oil should a concussion victim take after experiencing head trauma?
- You’ve recently begun to administer CBD oil as an additional nutritional tool to help alleviate the anxiety experienced by brain trauma victims. We hear that you can purchase CBD from places such as Magnolia Wellness on the internet. Tell us what CBD is and what it does.
- Is hemp-derived CBD available without a doctor’s prescription?
- Besides head trauma victims, who should be taking hemp-derived CBD supplements?
- How can listeners get more information?
Tina Bernet talks about what being a “light weight” in the gym really means. Are we better off with higher reps, lower weight or higher weight, lower reps?